Thursday, December 2, 2010

You know its winter when...

... the snot on your face freezes the second you step outside.

Once again I am in awe of just how fast this semester and my time in Ottawa has flown by. It seems like just last week we were in shorts and t-shirts biking around Ottawa and loving the vibrant green colour of summer. Now, the leaves are gone, clothing has turned into parka-ing, and the canal is well on its way to freezing over -- none of which I am all too pleased with.

I had my last day at my internship today. I am happy to be done and move on but I will miss my little family at work - we had some good times together. I learned a lot at my internship and am glad to have had the experience. Classes are over here at the mansion and all that's left is a paper and 2 exams. As a whole, this semester was not quite what I expected - lets just say that politics is no longer a potential career choice of mine. I simply don't fit in with that mindset and don't really desire to - but to all who do, more power to ya! :) Once I am done here I will fly back to California for the holidays which I am more than excited for. After that........... oh how I wish I knew! People have been telling me how exciting of a time this is and blah, blah, blah... but I beg to differ! I will say that this time would be a heck of a lot more exciting had I watered my money tree in the backyard... but alas, it died in this cold Ottawa winter. But, exciting or not it should be interesting to say the very least. I try to stay positive, at least as positive as my padre taught me to be! :)

I have kept myself busy outside the house this semster with hockey! Imagine that, hey!? A friend of mine from Ottawa gets free tickets to some of the games and I have had the opportunity to attend 4 Sens games so far. It has been a LOT of fun and I feel like a true wanna-be Canadian. And of course, the Ottawa Senators are the team of Mike Fisher who just so happens to be married to Carrie Underwood. I may or may not secretly scan the boxes for Ms. Fisher rather than watch the actual game... I also may or may not have a secret crush on Mr. Fisher. HA!

Anyhoo, that is pretty much a summary of my life in the east. I am anxious to get back out west where the sun shines and it remains above freezing for more than 2 hours a day.

Happy end of the semester to all! :)

love love love
Liz and I at my very first NHL game

Home opener - GO SENS GO!!! :)

No comments: