Monday, January 28, 2008

A tad late... I wrote this before we left...

As I sit here in the LAX airport MANY emotions are running through this thing I call my brain. I am overwhelmed with the fact that in a few hours I will be bombarded with 700 other college age students who are themselves going crazy with excitement of the upcoming departure on a trip around the world. As for myself, I am not quite sure what to think. I am: 1, completely in awe over the fact that I get to even do this 2, nervous about the numerous unknowns 3, excited to meet SO many new people from around the world and finally in a daze over the fact that I am on my way around the world.

Now I’m in Miami… and it still isn’t real.

I am meeting up with a fellow SASer tonight once I arrive in Nassau. I am really excited about that. It is a real blessing that we were introduced (over facebook) by a mutual friend. I look forward to getting to know her more over these next few months.

So, if any of you are wondering how the whole packing situation worked… Here’s the story: I had one gigantic bag (I decided to see if I could zip myself up in it and it worked!!). I didn’t want to take 2 because that would just be a drag. However, when airlines (not mentioning any names – RED, WHITE, and BLUE) are in the mix, travelling is bound to be a drag in some way. I was able to fit everything I needed into one bag BUT, it was clearly over 50 lbs, I’m thinking closer to 80… HA! So, I had to split everything up between 2 bags, which isn’t really that bad, I will just combine them all before I get on the ship tomorrow (AH! TOMORROW!).

Other than that I don’t think anything else is on my mind to share.

I hope this post finds you all well! When most of you read this I will more than likely be on the open seas!!! Crazyness!!

love love love

Cherie

1 comment:

Ethan said...

Cherie,
First, would you mind keeping the Spanish to a minimum? I don't speak Spanish, so when you say you were in El Capitol, how the heck am I supposed to know what that means? It could mean you were in the beach, or the latrine, who knows?
Those are great pictures of some of the 700 SASers with whom I sure you'll not be absolutely sick of after over 10,000 miles of sailing. And who are those boys in the picture? I don't like their wee little grins, and note how they strategically sat themselves at the table to make you think they're not trying something, but don't you be fooled. They probably have Gypsy blood in them. Keep an eye on all that luggage you packed.