Friday, February 1, 2008

Update From somewhere in the Atlantic...

Friday February 1, 2008

We are still on our way to Brazil!
Being that it only took us 2.5 days to get to Puerto Rico this is our longest time at sea since beginning this voyage. It has been interesting to say the least. Classes are… going. I’m not going to lie, it is extremely hard for me to get into the school work mentality while on the ship. There are so many distractions and very few places to escape to get anything done. Needless to say, I am constantly fighting with myself to read / write/ or just think about school in general. However, I am enjoying my classes for the most part. I am taking a history course (focusing on American history in a global context), a finance course, a global economy course, and finally a global studies course which is required for all SAS students. Classes are 7 days a week when we are at sea only, and of those days we are split up between “A” days and “B”days. I don’t think we go to class more than 4 days in a row and I am not complaining. Today was our fourth consecutive day and tomorrow (Saturday) we do not have classes because we are scheduled to cross the equator!! Since we are constantly moving we have now lost 2 hours since leaving the Bahamas, and let me tell you, 23 hour days suck. Once we leave Brazil and head toward Cape Town we will loose an hour almost every day while at sea – Not cool! Also, some time in April we have one day twice… that will be strange to experience.
Life on the ship is great! I have found some great people to hang out with and we always have the best time together. Meals together are a tad interesting since the ship is always rocking… its quite entertaining to watch people eat.
Yesterday everyone received their final confirmations of trips while in port. I was really fortunate and got mostly everything I wanted. I am super excited because I got my top choice for Beijing and well as Taj Mahal. I will also be going to Robben Island (in South Africa), Snorkeling (in Mauritius), Carnival (in Brazil) and about 10 other trips in Brazil, South Africa, Mauritius, India, Malaysia, China, and Japan – perhaps even skydiving (shh don’t tell my mom). I am super excited to get some of my bigger trips going! They are going to be amazing!
So, if you can’t tell I’m having the time of my life! I would upload more pictures but the whole time issue is a problem but I will try to upload some in Brazil!
That’s all for now!!
love love love
Cherie

1 comment:

Ethan said...

South Africa, Mauritius, India, Brazil. Blah blah blah. You know where I get to go this next week? Long Beach, then Long Beach again, then Stockton! That's right, sister! Eat your heart out!