Tuesday, February 5, 2008

In Brazil...

Hello from Salvador Brasil!! We arrived this morning at around 7 and got off the ship around 10. Today is the last day of Carnival which is a HUGE festival in Brazil. They says its like new years in time square times 10!! Should be interesting!
Over the past few days on the ship I have really gotten into life on the ship... for example: they have an èxtended family program where students are matched up with faculty, staff, and lifelong learners and we become like family. My ´mom and dad´ are super sweet and my 2 brothers and 3 sisters seem really cool too! When they first met us they gave us a big hug and shared about themselves. It is really awesome to conect with not only students but also more mature people :) I love it!
I am running low on minutes so I should probably end this soon, but i just wanted to send a quick update. Let me know if there is anything that you would like to specifically know about my trip I would be happy to answer!!
Sorry about the shortness, I will try to post pics soon!
love love love
Cherie

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cherie! It's been SO much fun reading about your time at sea...that family program sounds great! I'm so glad you got the in-port trips you wanted...I can't wait to hear the details, I'm sure they'll be incredible! You get to experience the same day...twice??? no way! =)

Ethan said...

Hi Cherie! I've listed a few little-known Brazil facts you can impress your friends with:

- Because Brazil is technically a Latin American country, their language is Latin-based, but is the most difficult of the Latin-based languages - even more so than Portugese. Only a handful million of people speak Brazilian. Most of them are in Brazil.
- Brazilianers' main diet consists of the eponymously-named "Brazil Nut." You can live for three days just on this nut alone (and water). It is also the key ingredient in six different laxatives.
- Brazil invented cotton candy, hence Carnival.

Any more questions? Just ask.

Anonymous said...

Cheriee!
i miss you! ALOT :]
but im so glad your having a good time. it sounds like such a fun trip. i love you cherie! and im praying for you!! boys??! hehe.

Anonymous said...

Carnival? Sounds like fun- watch out for the carnies! Man, I can't imagine trying to get work done on a ship...the really IS no place to get away. I know you, though, you're soaking it up. Taking it all in. This is perfect for you. Keep us updated. Love you

Anonymous said...

Cherie!! Sounds like you've been having an amazing time!! I miss you much! Love ya =D